Child Dental Benefits Schedule (Aged 2-17)

The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) commenced on 1 January 2014 and provides access to benefits for basic dental services to around 3 million children aged 2-17 years.

The total benefit entitlement is capped at $1,000 per child over a two calendar year period. The CDBS has a means test, which requires receipt of Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A) or a relevant Australian Government payment.

The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital.

Information for families

To see if your child is eligible and for further information for families on the CDBS is available from the Department of Human Services website.

At iDental surgery, we Bulk Bill. So there is no gap for treatment covered by the capped amount. If planned treatment exceeds this limit, your dentist will inform you of any additional costs beyond those covered under this scheme.

All you need to do is ring iDental surgery Warrumbungles on (02)6842 3442 to reserve a time for your child’s dental check-up. See you soon.

Oral Health Scheme

Dr. Vicky is a registered practitioner for the Oral Health Fee for Service Scheme (OHFFSS).

Read below or click here to find out more from the NSW Health website.


Since 2000 NSW Health has introduced an alternative to deliver priority dental treatment to eligible patients in NSW. The OHFFSS engages private dental practitioners such as Dr. Vicky to provide priority dental treatment to public patients. The Scheme seeks to improve access to acute dental care for concession card holders and their dependents.

This Scheme offers an alternative way for those who are eligible for public oral health care to receive dental treatment.

The vouchers that can be issued under the Scheme cover emergency care, general dental care and dentures. The type of voucher issued is dependant on the dental needs of the client as assessed by a public dental clinician. It is the responsibility of the public dental clinician who is providing the initial assessment to determine who will be issued with a voucher as well as the type of voucher.

Eligible patients who receive a Voucher will receive the same range of treatment services that are provided in a public oral health clinic.

Where can I take my OHFFSS voucher?

Clients who have issued with an OHFFSS voucher can use it at iDental surgery. Dr. Vicky is a registered practitioner.


After receiving a Voucher for treatment from a public oral health clinic a Client should:

  • Contact iDental surgery to arrange an appointment as soon as possible or within 10 days of the date on the Oral Health Treatment Voucher;

  • Inform the iDental surgery team that they have been referred from a public dental clinic and require treatment under the New South Wales Oral Health Fee for Service Scheme;

  • Provide proof of identity and eligibility;

  • Give iDental surgery the Oral Health Treatment Authority Voucher

  • On receipt of the required oral health care certify satisfactory completion of treatment on the Oral Health Treatment Voucher.

Please note: Any additional treatment offered by the private dentist outside that authorised on the Voucher should be discussed and clearly understood as this may incur fees payable by the Client.


Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)

Yes! iDental surgery accepts Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs cards for dental treatment.

Please let us know if you have a DVA card.

Who can receive dental services?

DVA will fund all dental services, provided under DVA arrangements, necessary to meet a clinical need for Gold Card holders. For White Card holders, dental treatment can only be provided in relation to your accepted disabilities.

Note: If unsure, providers can confirm treatment eligibility of a White Card holder’s accepted condition(s), by calling DVA – select Option 3, then Option 1.

Who can provide dental services?

Dental therapists, dental hygienists and oral health therapists who are registered by the Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide services through the Medicare Benefits Scheme, are eligible to provide preventive dental services to members of the Veteran community. Providers of dental services must agree to accept DVA treatment arrangements and fees and meet all of the following criteria:

  • Be registered with the Dental Board of Australia and comply with approved scope of practice registration standards;

  • Be covered by either their employer’s indemnity insurance or maintain their own insurance as mandated by the Dental Board of Australia;

  • Be qualified and competent to provide the service.

Our dentists are registered by the Department of Human Services to provide services through the Medicare Benefits Scheme for DVA patients. Click here to find out if you are eligible for this.


Back To Top